Kershaw County bridge on SCDOT list to be replaced | Transportation
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) - A Kershaw County bridge is on a list of 90 bridges statewide that the South Carolina Department of Transportation plans to replace.
The bridge is on McDowell Road, crossing Little Flat Rock Creek.
DOT officials put together a plan to replace 90 bridges in 33 counties with extra money set aside by lawmakers.
The agency released the $53 million plan Tuesday. It is giving the public until Nov. 6 to comment on the bridges it plans to replace and the ones that aren't on the list.
SCDOT says the money was given to projects in each of South Carolina's seven congressional districts based on the percentage of load-restricted and closed bridges in each district.
The list focuses on bridges that can be replaced in the current roadway with precast structures that need little work on the road approaching the bridge.
Public comments will be accepted until the end of the business day on November 6. They can be mailed to:
Statewide Planning Chief at SCDOT
955 Park Street
P.O. Box 191
Columbia, SC 29202
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond