Funeral services for volunteer firefighter and mail carrier killed in crash | People
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Funeral services are this weekend for a volunteer firefighter and mail carrier who died in a car crash this week.
26-year-old Erica Broughton died Wednesday morning when her car ran off U.S. 1 and hit a statue near Bethune. Broughton was on her rural mail delivery route when the crash occurred.
Broughton was a volunteer member of the Buffalo-Mt. Pisgah Fire Department. She was a trained medical first responder and worked alongside her husband and other family members who volunteer with the department.
Visitation for Broughton is Friday from 6-8 p.m. at Powers Funeral Home, 832 Ridgeway Road, Lugoff. Her funeral is Saturday at 3 p.m. at Abney Baptist Church, 5810 Bethune Road, Kershaw.
Members of the Buffalo-Mt. Pisgah Fire Department are mourning Broughton's passing.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond