New Development Director, Harley Carpenter, Begins with SCWF | People
The South Carolina Wildlife Federation (SCWF) has hired Harley Carpenter, an experienced fundraiser, to support the organization’s efforts to conserve South Carolina’s invaluable wildlife and natural resources.
A Hartsville-native, Carpenter brings more than a decade of experience in non-profit and higher educations settings to her new position, most recently serving as Director of Development at USC’s College of Education.
Her main goals are to increase membership in SCWF’s Hampton-Heyward Society (gifts of $1,000+), named for two of the organization’s founders Harry Hampton and Zan Heyward, and to increase planned giving.
“Harley’s enthusiasm and work ethic will serve the federation well as we step up our outreach to current and potential donors,” says Ben Gregg, the Federation’s Executive Director. “It’s an exciting move for us,” he added.
Carpenter said she is enjoying her new role, which allows her to be outdoors more. As the mother of two small children, she also values the family outings sponsored by SCWF. “We are teaching children about what they can do, as well, to protect nature and wildlife,” she says.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond