New Development Director, Harley Carpenter, Begins with SCWF | People
The South Carolina Wildlife Federation (SCWF) has hired Harley Carpenter, an experienced fundraiser, to support the organization’s efforts to conserve South Carolina’s invaluable wildlife and natural resources.
A Hartsville-native, Carpenter brings more than a decade of experience in non-profit and higher educations settings to her new position, most recently serving as Director of Development at USC’s College of Education.
Her main goals are to increase membership in SCWF’s Hampton-Heyward Society (gifts of $1,000+), named for two of the organization’s founders Harry Hampton and Zan Heyward, and to increase planned giving.
“Harley’s enthusiasm and work ethic will serve the federation well as we step up our outreach to current and potential donors,” says Ben Gregg, the Federation’s Executive Director. “It’s an exciting move for us,” he added.
Carpenter said she is enjoying her new role, which allows her to be outdoors more. As the mother of two small children, she also values the family outings sponsored by SCWF. “We are teaching children about what they can do, as well, to protect nature and wildlife,” she says.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide