39-year-old accused of inappropriately touching 9-year-old | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A 39-year-old Camden man is currently being
detained at the Kershaw County Detention Center on charges that he inappropriately touched a 9-year-old girl.
Christopher Yates turned himself in to the Kershaw County Sheriff's Office following an interview with deputies about the girl.
According to Sheriff Jim Matthews, the Sheriff's Office had been notified by the 9-year-old's mother that Yates and engaged with her daughter on multiple occasions throughout the year through meetings and Facebook and text messages.
Matthews says investigators corroborated the girl's story by means of a
Yates was arrested following the interview on Tuesday and was charged with third degree criminal sexual
He will appear before a magistrate judge on Nov. 20 for a bond hearing.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond