Sheriff: Teen impersonating deputy attempted strip search on woman | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A 15-year-old impersonating a Kershaw County Sheriff's deputy was arrested after investigators say he entered a woman's home and demanded she strip down.
Sheriff Jim Matthews says the unidentified teen is currently detained by the Department of Juvenile Justice and has been charged with impersonating a police officer, kidnapping, and third degree attempted
criminal sexual conduct.
Matthews says the teen, who identified himself as a deputy and produced a badge and flashlight to the woman, entered her home on Oct. 2, handcuffed her, and instructed her to remove her clothing because he was there to perform a strip search.
The teen also told the woman that she would be tased if she did not comply, according to Matthews.
Investigators say the woman then told the teen she would comply with his demands if he took off the handcuffs.
The teen removed the cuffs, according to Matthews, and the woman struck the suspect in the face and fled the scene.
Kershaw County deputies quickly determined the teen's identity and arrested him three hours after the victim filed a report on the incident.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond