Fire at storage building under investigation | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) - A fire at a storage building in Kershaw County Wednesday morning is now under investigation by the sheriff's office.
Kershaw County Fire Marshall Gene Faulkenberry said firefighters were called to the abandoned store on Highway 601 after 6 a.m. Wednesday. It took about 30 minutes for firefighters to get the fire under control.
The building was being used for storage. Faulkenberry says the cause of the fire is suspicious and the investigation has been handed over to the Kershaw County Sheriff's Department.
Nobody was injured.
If you have any information that can help investigators, call Crimestoppers at 1-888-Crime-SC.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond