$1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Bethune | News
A Powerball® ticket worth $1 million was purchased from the seemingly aptly named Winners Circle Mini Mart at 500 N. Main St. in Bethune for Saturday night’s drawing.
The ticket sold in Bethune matched all five white ball numbers drawn. Had the ticket holder purchased PowerPlay® for an extra $1, the $1 million prize would have increased to $2 million.
Powerball – Saturday, July 27
9, 23, 40, 53, and 58 Powerball: 6
Check your tickets. More than 15,000 players in South Carolina hold tickets for prizes from $4 up to $1 million. Of these, more than 5,600 players purchased PowerPlay® to see their winning increased by set prize amounts. Players have 180 days from the date of the drawing to claim their prizes. For complete information on claiming prizes, visit sceducationlottery.com.
The odds of winning $1 million are 1 in 5,153,633.
The estimated jackpot for Wednesday night’s drawing is $235 million.
Proceeds from every dollar spent by players on the South Carolina Education Lottery are returned to the state in the form of funding for education, prizes, retailer commissions, and payment to contractors for goods and services.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond