Lottery winner plans on taking family to Disney World | News
An Elgin man won the lottery and is going to Disney World.
He’s taking the whole family – his wife, kids and the grandkids to celebrate his $200,000 win.
He dropped his daughter off at school and stopped at the Vickmart on Hwy. 1 S. in Lugoff where he scratched the winning Red Hot Cash ticket in the parking lot.
He called his wife, told her to get ready, he’d won the lottery and they were going to Columbia to collect the winnings.
“You are so lucky,” she said staring at him from across the waiting room of the Columbia Claims Center.
The family man just shook his head and smiled awaiting his check.
The Elgin man claimed the last top prize of $200,000 in the $10 Red Hot Cash game. The odds of winning the top prize were 1 in 500,000.
For selling the claimed ticket, Vickmart in Lugoff received a commission of $2,000.
Since the start of the Lottery in 2002, more than one million college scholarships and grants have been awarded to South Carolina’s students. In all, more than $3 BILLION has been transferred to support educational programs in the Palmetto State.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond