Man wins $500,000 and will keep working | News
A Lugoff man won enough to retire, but says he won’t.
He likes his routine.
For eight years he’s played Palmetto Cash 5 and watching the televised lottery drawing each evening.
Winning $500,000 won’t affect that.
A quick pick bought at The Wildwood Market LLC in Lugoff for the Sunday, February 24 drawing (7, 24, 25, 31, and 38) grew his nest egg, but little else will change for the winner and his wife.
“You aren’t going to stop me from playing or working,” he explained.
Spending the extra $1 on Power-Up multiplied his $100,000 prize to $500,000 when a “5” was drawn. The odds of winning $500,000 are 1 in 8,031,072.
For selling the claimed ticket, The Wildwood Market LLC received a commission of $5,000.
To date, lottery play has resulted in more than $3 billion transferred to support education.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond