Woman leaves Midlands hotel, never makes it to Australia | News
The Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office says a woman who was reported missing after she traveled to the Midlands to meet a friend and never returned home has been found.
According to Sheriff James Matthews, 46-year-old Arseli Read also known as “Salley” was located in the Philippines.
The report said Ms. Read flew from Australia to South Carolina and checked into the Ramada hotel located at 542 Hwy 601 S. in Lugoff on January 20, 2013.
According to the investigators, Ms. Read came to the Midlands to meet a male friend named Vick.
Deputies say Ms. Read checked out of the hotel on January 21, and had not been seen since.
The incident report stated that the Read was scheduled to arrive in Australia on February 20. According to the complainant, she never arrived home.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond