Police search for man who attempted to rob banks with bomb threat | News
CAMDEN, SC (WIS)- Police in Camden are looking for a man who attempted to rob several banks by claiming he had a bomb.
Camden Police Chief Joseph Floyd says the man walked into the Bank of America Wednesday at about 4:30 p.m. and handed a bank employee a note claiming he had a bomb attached to himself and he needed $9,500.
Chief Floyd says the employee and the man walked to a teller who asked him several questions. The man walked out of the bank without any money.
Floyd says a similar situation occurred at several other banks.
The man is described as about 25-35 years old, about 5'11" and 160 pounds.
If you recognize the man in the attached surveillance photos, call Crimestoppers at 1-888-Crime SC.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide