Driver killed when pickup overturns | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) - The South Carolina Highway Patrol says a driver was killed when he lost control of his pickup truck early Sunday morning.
Troopers say the man lost control on Threatt Rd. in Kershaw County at about 12:55 a.m. Sunday, overturned, and hit a tree. The Kershaw County coroner identified the driver as 53-year-old Billy Ray Gainey of Mt. Pisgah.
Troopers say the Gainey was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle. He died at the scene.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIS porn investigation gets county administrator probation, pay cut
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison