Driver killed when pickup overturns | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) - The South Carolina Highway Patrol says a driver was killed when he lost control of his pickup truck early Sunday morning.
Troopers say the man lost control on Threatt Rd. in Kershaw County at about 12:55 a.m. Sunday, overturned, and hit a tree. The Kershaw County coroner identified the driver as 53-year-old Billy Ray Gainey of Mt. Pisgah.
Troopers say the Gainey was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle. He died at the scene.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond