Driver killed in Kershaw County crash | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS)- The South Carolina Highway Patrol says a driver was killed in a single-vehicle crash in Kershaw County Friday evening.
Troopers say the crash occurred at about 6:30 p.m. Friday at the intersection of US 601 and Kennedy Rd. Investigators say the driver of an SUV was headed east on Kennedy Rd. and disregarded the stop sign at US 601.
According to investigators, after running through the stop sign, the SUV hit several trees.
The driver was wearing a seat belt. The victim's name has note been released yet.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond