Deputies arrest 23-year-old after they say he fathered child with 14-year-old | News
Kershaw County Sheriff's deputies arrested a Cassatt man Thursday after a DNA test determined he fathered a child with a 14-year-old girl.
23-year-old Jonathan Edgar Sandoval is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor. Sheriff Jim Matthews said Sandoval was 22 years old when the incident occurred.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the Emergency Room at Kershaw Health in Camden in March after the 14-year-old contacted mental health officials. The teen told investigators Sandoval was the father of her 10-week-old child.
Investigators with DSS and the sheriff's department determined the teen was not capable of caring for the infant, so deputies say the 14-year-old and the infant were taken into protective custody.
After investigators confirmed through DNA testing the infant was fathered by Sandoval, he was arrested and taken to the Kershaw County Detention Center.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide