Man convicted of murder in Kershaw County meth case | News
CAMDEN, SC (WIS)- A Lugoff man has been convicted by a Kershaw County jury on murder and drug charges in a 2011 shooting.
50-year-old Greg Smith was convicted Friday of the murder of 59-year-old Debra Nicole Tyler. Prosecutors say Smith shot Tyler in the face in May of 2011.
Prosecutors say Smith was arguing with Tyler at a meth lab near Tyler's Lugoff home when she was shot. In addition to murder, Smith was convicted of manufacturing meth Friday.
At the time of the shooting, Kerhsaw County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Tyler's husband, David, but he died at the detention center.
Deputies said they found a meth lab and marijuana growing operation at the home.
Smith will be sentenced in December.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide