Missing Camden man found deceased in Sumter Co. | News
A Camden man reported missing by his wife has been found dead.
53-year-old Ricky Alan Courtney's body was found Thursday afternoon at the edge of a field off Haygood Horatio Road near the Sumter/Kershaw County line, according to the Sumter County Coroner.
The cause of death does not appear to be suspicious, the coroner said.
Courtney was last seen on September 24.
Camden police said Courtney's wife became worried about his safety after he did not show up at the airport to pick up his grandson.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday morning.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide