$3 million worth of cocaine seized in 2-month drug investigation | News
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS)- A 2-month investigation helped drug investigators from the DEA and Kershaw County Sheriff's Office uncover 10 kilograms of cocaine, weapons, and packing material used to package the drugs in Camden.
According to the sheriff's office, the cocaine was being distributed throughout the county, state, and the entire southeastern region of the United States.
Drug agents said in the right circumstances, the drugs they seized could be worth over $3 million.
Three suspects were also arrested in the bust, but the sheriff's office has not released their identities in the interest of "further investigative activity".
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond