Powerball winner buys boat, truck to pull it | News
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) – The fish are
biting out on Lake Wateree, and that's where you'll find the Lottery's latest
winner. His old boat has been misbehaving, but Saturday's Powerball®
drawing has gifted him a new one.
He can also afford a new truck to pull the boat with his $2
MILLION Powerball® payday.
"I'm rich," he screamed when the family birth dates he's
played for a decade matched the white ball results in Sunday's newspaper (5,
13, 17, 20, and 30 PB: 18).
The winner suspected he won $200,000, and was visibly shaken
when lottery officials informed him he was a millionaire, two times over.
Paying the extra $1 for PowerPlay® is what increased his $1
million prize to $2 million.
"I've been playing ever since you opened," he said raising
his fist to heaven.
"Thank you," he said.
The odds of winning $2 MILLION playing Powerball® are 1 in
Alhanik in Columbia received a commission of
$20,000 for selling the claimed ticket.
the start of the Lottery in 2002, more than one million college scholarships
and grants have been awarded to South Carolina's students. In all, more than
$2.7 BILLION has been transferred to support educational programs in the
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIS porn investigation gets county administrator probation, pay cut
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison