Kids accused of stealing iPads from school | Crime
CAMDEN, SC (WIS) - Three kids are accused of stealing iPads from a learning center in Camden.
Camden Police were called to investigate a burglary at the Kershaw County School District on West Dekalb Street Thursday. A district employee told police that a cabinet where iPads were kept was open and eight iPads were missing. The janitor told police he noticed a window was unlocked.
Investigators determined someone got into the school through the unlocked window and stole the iPads some time between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. The iPads are worth about $4,800.
Investigators checked the windows for fingerprints.
Police arrested three kids, 12, 13 and 15-years-old. One of the kids was a student at the facility.
Investigators say all iPads have been recovered.
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond