Deputies: Man attacked with baseball bat at party | Crime
A Kershaw County man turned himself in to sheriff's investigators after officials say he brutally beat a man with a metal baseball bat.
Deputies say 20-year-old Ryan Freeland Trojan has been charged with attempted murder.
Investigators say Trojan and the victim were at a party when Trojan hit the victim repeatedly in the head with a baseball bat.
The victim was transported to a Columbia hospital where he is in critical condition with multiple skull fractures and broken teeth.
Trojan is currently detained on a $225,000 bond at the Kershaw County Detention Center.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond