Report: Police warning banks of money switch scammer | Crime
The Camden Police Department is warning financial institutions of a scam where the suspect switches out money for personal gain.
The report said on March 22, police responded to the First Palmetto Bank in Dusty Bend in reference to a fraud/confidence game scam.
Police say the bank manager advised them that the institution has been having problems with a male suspect switching out money for his personal gain.
According to the report, the suspect enters the bank and asks the teller for change on a $50 bill or a $100. When the teller gives the suspect the change, he then tells them he received the wrong amount back.
According to police, the same male suspect has doing this at other banks in surrounding areas.
If you have any information about this crime, you are urged to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond