Sheriff: More than $107K in unpaid child support lands man in jail | Crime
Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested a Cassatt man on a bench warrant issued by Family Court for failure to pay $107,728.11 in back child support.
Deputies say 41-year-old Joseph McLemore was arrested on Monday at his residence in Cassatt and transported to the Kershaw County Detention Center.
“Obviously Mr. McLemore cannot work while he is in jail to begin paying this back child support, but it appears that he has had no intention of doing so over time and incarceration may be the only option left to penalize him for not taking care of his kids,” said Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews.
McLemore will be detained at the Kershaw County Detention Center until he can appear before a Family Court judge who will determine his sentence.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond