Public invited to serve on board of sheriff's foundation | Community Spirit
KERSHAW COUNTY, SC (WIS) - The public is invited to apply to serve on the Kershaw County Sheriff's Foundation Board of Directors in 2014.
Three seats on the board are open for 2014.
The KCSF is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization established to support the Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office. Board members meet quarterly and work on foundation projects throughout the year.
“The Sheriff’s Foundation is only three years old, but we’ve already raised more than $60,000 for law enforcement,” said Joe Dorton, Chair of the KCSF Board and a retired SLED agent. “With the help of citizens across our county we’ve outfitted every deputy with a bullet-proof vest. That is a tremendous team effort.”
While Dorton is a retired law enforcement officer, KCSF board members are not required to have worked in law enforcement.
Mail Dorton if you are interested in serving. Include your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and a brief explanation of why you would like to serve.
Mr. Joe Dorton
Kershaw Co. Sheriff’s Foundation
PO Box 664
Camden, SC 29020
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond