Midway celebrates its 90th anniversary | Community Spirit
Midway Elementary School will kick off its 90th anniversary celebration with a reception on Tuesday, March 5th at 4:30 p.m. The community—especially all alumni and former teachers—are invited to attend.
“We’ll have lots of pictures and school memorabilia on display,” said Midway Elementary School Principal Dell Brabham. “We are inviting the community to join us for a ‘walk down memory lane’ including a tour and light refreshments.”
Brabham said that Midway was built in 1923 and served as a high school until the late 1960’s. The school has served more than 20,000 students over the past 90 years.
The reception will run until 6 p.m. when the regular meeting of the Kershaw County School board will be held.
Brabham also said that anniversary plans include a Juniors Rodeo on Saturday, March 30. The school is accepting sponsors and donations for this event.
For more information, contact Brabham at 432-6122.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Son charged with killing parents denied bond