Camden Middle students collect 1,000+ pairs of jeans for homeless shelters | Community Spirit
In a project led by their cheerleaders, Camden Middle School students have collected more than 1,000 jeans for Midlands-area homeless shelters as part of a campaign sponsored by Aeropostale Stores and Dosomething.org.
In just two weeks, Camden Middle students have cleaned out their own closets for clean, used jeans and asked others to do the same. CMS student Abby Irick has collected 85 pairs on her own.
The jeans will be bagged up at the school (902 McRae Road, Camden) tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 8 at 2 p.m.
The school collecting the highest percentage per school population nationwide will receive a $10,000 grant, Aero hoodies for all students and a schoolwide pizza party.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond