LEHS National Honor Society Bears for Bear Drive | Community Spirit
Lugoff Elgin High School National Honors Society is helping Children’s Hope comfort children undergoing medical treatment at Palmetto Richland Children’s Hospital.
Children’s Hope is an organization which collects NEW teddy bears in memory of Hugh “Bear” Gibbons, who lost his young life due to liver cancer. All of the bears are donated to Palmetto Richland Children’s Hospital where they are offered to children admitted to the hospital.
They will be collecting bears January 28th through March 1st, 2013.
They're also accepting monetary donations to purchase the bears.
Collection locations are at participating elementary/middle schools in the county and Lugoff Elgin High School (803-438-3481).
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond