LEHS National Honor Society Bears for Bear Drive | Community Spirit
Lugoff Elgin High School National Honors Society is helping Children’s Hope comfort children undergoing medical treatment at Palmetto Richland Children’s Hospital.
Children’s Hope is an organization which collects NEW teddy bears in memory of Hugh “Bear” Gibbons, who lost his young life due to liver cancer. All of the bears are donated to Palmetto Richland Children’s Hospital where they are offered to children admitted to the hospital.
They will be collecting bears January 28th through March 1st, 2013.
They're also accepting monetary donations to purchase the bears.
Collection locations are at participating elementary/middle schools in the county and Lugoff Elgin High School (803-438-3481).
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIS porn investigation gets county administrator probation, pay cut
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison