Dream Keeper Nominations Ending Soon | Community Spirit
Nominations are being accepted for the 2013 Martin Luther King Jr. Dream Keeper Scholarships. The Dream Keeper award recognizes exemplary displays of committed service to the tenets of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The ideals of social responsibility, political empowerment, diversity, racial harmony, nonviolence, and unselfish service must be demonstrated voluntarily by the nominee.
The nominee must be a student, 18 years or younger with at least a 2.0 grade point average and a minimum of one year of documented community service.
Winners will be announced at the City of Columbia’s annual Martin Luther King Day Celebration Monday, January 21, 2013 at 4 p.m. at the Martin Luther King Park and Community Center, 2300 Green Street.
Applications are available online at http://www.columbiasc.net and at neighborhood parks. For more information call 803.545.3000.
DEADLINE: Applications must be returned by Friday, January 11, 2013 to City of Columbia Governmental Affairs and Community Relations, 1737 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond