Clips for Cancer to benefit cancer patients | Community Spirit
Wateree Elementary School is sponsoring a “Clips for Cancer” campaign as part of its Relay for Life (RFL) efforts. Six volunteer stylists from Allure Salon will be at the school on Friday, November 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. to cut hair from any person who has 8 inches that can be used to make wigs for cancer patients. (See attachment for more details.) Five Wateree Elementary students have already committed to participate. Walk ins are welcome.
The school’s RFL team will have another donation day on May 10 for persons who are interested but currently do not have enough hair to participate. Donations are also needed to cover the postage cost ($10 per ponytail) to ship the ponytails.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide