Zoo offering free admission to military kids and dads | Community Spirit
The Riverbanks Zoo and Garden has teamed up with Operation Military Kids to offer free admission to all children of deployed military personnel, as well as those kids who’ve had a parent return from deployment within the last year on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17.
In order for children to receive free admission, military families must provide a copy of the parent’s deployment orders. Those who’ve had a parent return from deployment within the last year must provide a copy of those orders as well.
Staff from Operation Military Kids will have a booth set up inside the Zoo entrance with information about the organization and support programs for families.
Also on Father’s Day, all dads will be admitted free.
In addition, representatives from New York Life Insurance Company will be on-site throughout the day issuing free child identification cards. New York Life-issued child IDs feature a child’s photo, fingerprints, contact information, as well as other pertinent information to help ensure the safety of our children.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond