Zoo offering free admission to military kids and dads | Community Spirit
The Riverbanks Zoo and Garden has teamed up with Operation Military Kids to offer free admission to all children of deployed military personnel, as well as those kids who’ve had a parent return from deployment within the last year on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17.
In order for children to receive free admission, military families must provide a copy of the parent’s deployment orders. Those who’ve had a parent return from deployment within the last year must provide a copy of those orders as well.
Staff from Operation Military Kids will have a booth set up inside the Zoo entrance with information about the organization and support programs for families.
Also on Father’s Day, all dads will be admitted free.
In addition, representatives from New York Life Insurance Company will be on-site throughout the day issuing free child identification cards. New York Life-issued child IDs feature a child’s photo, fingerprints, contact information, as well as other pertinent information to help ensure the safety of our children.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison
- Deputies: Son being questioned in double homicide