Sheriff: 35-year-old charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Kershaw County Sheriff's deputies have charged a 35-year-old Lugoff man with having sex with a 15-year-old girl.
Jonathan Wade Ray has been charged with second degree criminal sexual conduct.
According to the Sheriff's Office, the victim's mother discovered her daughter had a sexual relationship with Ray and filed a report.
Investigators interviewed the teen and Ray over the course of several days and Ray was eventually taken into custody after an arrest warrant was obtained.
Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews says Ray has a lengthy record with arrests for fraudulent checks, accessory after the fact of burglary, accessory after the fact of murder, grand larceny, and many other charges dating all the way back to 1995.
Ray is currently being detained in the Kershaw County Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- To men spending decades in prison, hope walks on 4 paws
- Shelter overwhelmed after taking in 22 puppies, 10 still available for adoption
- For second straight year, gas prices cheapest in SC
- Lee County sheriff's deputy injured in shootout released from hospital
- Man accused of shooting deputies was out of jail on bond